DUI & DWI Defense
If you are convicted of a first-time DUI or DWI offense in New Jersey, expect the following penalties, depending on your blood alcohol level (BAL):
- A fine of up to $500
- A jail sentence of up to 30 days
- Driver’s license suspension for up to one year
- A DMV surcharge of up to $1,000 per year for three years
- Installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for a period of up to one year, after your driver’s license is reinstated
- Financial payments for mandatory alcohol abuse counseling
- Other fines and penalties totaling about $700
In addition to these DUI/DWI penalties imposed by the court, you will face increased car insurance rates and a permanent criminal record.You Deserve a Fair Break After a DUI or DWI Arrest
At Goldstein Law Group, our Monmouth County DUI attorneys believe that everyone deserves a fair break after an arrest for any type of drunk driving charge. Our attorneys are available to help clients fight back against DUI and DWI charges, to make sure you get fair treatment by the police and prosecuting attorneys as they investigate the case against you.
A DUI or DWI conviction may seem like a foregone conclusion. If you failed the field sobriety and Breathalyzer tests, how can you avoid conviction? A DUI lawyer in Monmouth County will conduct an independent investigation after your DUI or DWI arrest, seeking answers to questions that will persuade the prosecution to drop or reduce the charges:
- Did the police have probable cause to stop your vehicle?
- Were the field sobriety tests conducted according to proper procedure?
- Was the Breathalyzer machine in proper working order? Are there records of regular maintenance, as required by law? Was the Breathalyzer test performed by a trained and licensed operator?
- Did the police conform to constitutional requirements while searching your car and during questioning?
Contact our office for an immediate and complimentary initial consultation to find out how we can help you fight your DUI or DWI charge. All meetings are confidential.
To make an appointment with a DUI attorney in Monmouth County, call (732) 967-6777, or contact us online.